Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Plaid Gift Wrap Nails & Burnt Gift Wrap

Hey everyone! 

Merry Christmas Eve Eve. 

Have you got all your holiday shopping done? 

It's a madhouse out there. I hope to NOT go to any dept. stores from now until after Christmas! One of my guilty pleasures is to hit the after-Christmas sales. C'mon $5 body butter! 

Anyway, here's some green plaid gift wrap nails I did last weekend: 


Colors used: 
Wet n Wild Emerald Rock City 
OPI Electric Eel 
Stripe Rite Gold, White and Black stripers 
Konad White 
Black Bow 

I started off with stamping the plaid pattern from the MDU plate using Konad white to make the fine lines.  The base color was this nice emerald green from Wet n Wild and I added more green shimmer from OPI Electric Eel.  I then used my striper nail art polishes over the pattern to add depth and more detail to the plaid.  I thought I had a white bow but I didn't!  The black bow worked fine.  A white bow would have work better! *curses*

Then I decided to "burn" it! Oftentimes, used gift wrap ends up in the fireplace right?


I was inspired by the "burnt love letters" nail art that popped up around Valentines day. I used a sponge to lightly dab some brown and black polish over the design. I erased some of the design using my cleanup brush and a Q-tip dipped in acetone.  It did take some effort to erase through the design but not completely erasing it.  I added a coat of China Glaze Matte Magic to make it matte and give it a distressed look.  Overall, I liked how it turned out and it was definitely what I was going for. 

I hope you enjoyed this look! 

More Christmas nail art to come. 

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.