Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Illamasqua Melange + Unicorns

I purchased Illasmaqua's Melange off of eBay a couple of months ago.  I never got around to wearing it because it was the Halloween/fall season and I wanted to do Halloween nail art.

This color is from their fall 2014 collection and unfortunately is no longer sold in US stores. Illamasqua pulled its US distribution earlier this year for reasons unknown. ::sad pandas:: 

Lightbox shot



Illamaqua's Melange is a beautiful teal green packed with gold and copper shimmer. This polish applied butter smooth and was opaque in 1-coat. I did two coats for good measure. Seen here with top coat.  The site says it dries matte but I didn't see it. 


Plates used: 

Born Pretty Store Qgirl-010 
Bundle Monster BM-615


I then stamped a cross hatch design from plate Qgirl-010 using Sally Hansen Insta Dri Go for Gold. I wanted it to be more opaque but kept stamping with it. I then used the stamping decals technique to color in the unicorns. The gold chrome is Essie's Good as Gold.  The unicorns are from the new Bundle Monster 2014CYO set. 

Sorry I couldn't get a crisp photo. I think a different color combo would have shown off the unicorns better.

I added star studs cuz why not?

You can purchase Melange from Illamasqua.com but international shipping to the US is outrageous or you can check eBay periodically. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.