Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Julep: Halloween Nail Art Contest

Hello everyone! 

Halloween is fast approaching! 

Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year and my all time favorite nail art season. So many great ideas with much creative freedom! 

I was contacted by a representative from Julep to create spooky Halloween inspired nail art to share with all of you. 

Let's take a look! 


Pick of the Litter - A Nail Look with Cat-titude

I was sent an exclusive Halloween nail art tutorial to reveal to my readers. It was a black cat against the yellow moon.  First I started by painting my nails a shimmery blue except for my ring finger which I painted white.  I then sponged white and yellow nail polish using a cosmetic sponge to create a gradient effect for the moon.

I added a coat of top coat over the gradient before adding the cat and moon crescent shape. I used a nail art brush to create the half moon shape using the base color and painted the black cat with acrylic paint. If you make mistake with acrylic paint, you can wipe off the design with rubbing alcohol and try again. It does not disturb the nail polish.

I added some sparkle using holographic glitter and painted another coat of top coat to complete the design. 

I hope you liked this Halloween nail art look. 

Thank you Julep for inviting me to participate in their nail art contest. 

Please be sure to check Julep.com for their full selection of great nail polish colors

Get social with Julep: 


Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.