Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Halloween Nail Art Ideas

Hi! 

Like I said yesterday, Halloween is my favorite time of year for nail art! 

Here's all my Halloween nail art looks completed thus far. I meant to post them individually but time caught up to me. So here they are in one post! 

Enjoy! 

I'll list colors and stamping plates used. I mostly used my Bundle Monster and FUN plates. 

First up: 


Glitter gradient 

Colors used: 
Sinful Colors Black on Black 
China Glaze It's Alive 

This was my first manicure with my newly shaped almond nails. It was new territory for me. 


Cobweb nails with a french tip 

Colors used:

Essie Fill the Gap (base coat)
Essie Pure Pearlfection 
Sinful Colors Black on Black 
Konad Special White (stamping)
Black striper polish 
Silver glitter striper polish  

Stamping Plates: 
DRK-A 
BM013
Fauxnad Plate T13H


I did this as a full manicure. 

How do you paint a french tip with your non-dominate hand? Practice! Lots and lot of practice. 

 

Holographic cobwebs 

Colors used:

China Glaze Grape Pop 
Urban Outfitters Silver Holographic (stamping) 

Stamping Plate: DRK-A 


I added rhinestones from Born Pretty Store but I didn't like this look so I took them off. 


Spiral Nails 

Colors used: 

Layla Mercury Twilight 
Sinful Colors Black on Black 
Urban Outfitters Silver Holographic (stamping) 
Daiso Black (stamping) 
China Glaze Fairy Dust

Stamping Plate: DRK-A 

I'm not sure if this counts as Halloween nails but I read "Uzumaki" (The Sprial) and that was the most frightening thing I ever read. It still terrifies me even thinking about it even though I read it over 5 years ago. 


Happy Halloween from Snoopy and Hello Kitty

Colors used: 

Sally Hansen Insta Dri Dreamsicle
Essie As Gold as it Gets
Daiso Black (stamping) 

Stamping Plates: 

Fauxnad plate CF01 (Snoppy & Hello Kitty) 
Fauxnad plate T13H (cobwebs)
Bundle Monster BM424 (pawprints), BMH07 (Trick or Treat) 


Hello Kitty Pumpkin 

Colors used: 
Zoya Mimi 
Avon Purple Chrome (stamping)

Plates Used: 
FUN Plate 9 (Bows & Bones) 
FUN Plate 10 (Hello Kitty in a Pumpkin)
Fauxnad M17 (Hello Kitty Face)
Bundle Monster BM209 (Witch's Hat) 

I put a witch's hat on the Hello Kitty. The camera didn't really pick it up and the base color was a little too dark. I wanted to put the witch's hat on Snoppy but it didn't fit. This is probably my favorite manicure.

 


 

Purple Kitty Moon 

Colors Used: 

OPI Do You Have This Color In Stock-Holm?
OPI Rumples Wiggin'
Konad Special White (stamping) 

Plates Used: 

Fauxnad plate T13H (cobwebs)
Bundle Monster BM424 (pawprints)
BM14 (stars)
BM04 (kitty)
FUN 10 (moon)

The trees were freehand. 


Blue Kitty Moon

Colors Used: 

OPI DS Magic 
China Glaze Happy go Lucky 
Holographic Glitter 


Skulls & Studs 

Colors used: 

Wet n Wild Roadwork 
Borghese Chroma (sponging) 

Square Studs are from a nail art wheel I bought from Walgreens. 
Skulls I bought off eBay.
The camera and lighting couldn't pick up the silver sponging. 

 

Candy Corn Gradient 

It looks a little textured here because I didn't a topcoat at this point. I wanted to add nail art. 

Colors Used: 

BYS French White 
Sally Hansen Insta Dri Dreamsicle 
Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow
Daiso Black (stamping)


Plate used: Bundle Monster BM405

I wanted melted candy corn but it looks more like flames. 


Plates used: Bundle Monster BM306

Useful Links

How to color in your nail stamps - see Spellbinding Nails stamping decals tutorial 


Stamper? I use the XL squishy stamper. I bought it from Ninja Polish which has since closed. Try this one; I think it's the same but ask the seller.

Well that was fun! 

I might create one more Halloween nail art look but I think I've done all I wanted to do for this year.

Which one was your favorite? 

If you have any further questions regarding these manicures, please email me. I posted links above to where I bought all my plates.  

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.