Saturday, June 14, 2014

NOTD: Tropical Floral

Hi everyone! 

I hope you are having a splendid weekend! 

I thought I'd share some hibiscus floral nail art I did recently. 


Left hand yellow flowers


Right hand purple flowers

Colors used: 

Sinful Shine Dark Room
Konad Special White (stamping)
OPI Sheer Tints
Gold Microbeads

I followed a tutorial from FAB UR Nails  where she stamped in white and painted over the stamping with a colored jelly polish. I knew I wanted to try it so I got the OPI Sheer Tint polishes to try this technique.  They are sheer jelly/syrup top coats with a very slight colored base.  There's pink, yellow, blue and purple. (They have names I don't feel like writing them). 

First, I painted my nails black with Sinful Shine's Dark Room. I did not have the plate she used in the tutorial so I looked in my collection and found something similar.  BM-318 was a close match.  I was having a hard time aiming the flowers and my stamping white polish is really old.  Sorry, my stamping is a little off.  

I colored in the flowers with the OPI Sheer Tints.  I didn't have a green so I painted the blue sheer tint with yellow to make green. Lastly, I added some gold microbeads from Michael's. 

Overall, I was happy with final result. The Sheer Tints did bubble a little bit and reading other reviews it's recommended that they be thinned down with polish thinner.  So I am going to try that. I'm excited to try more manicures with the sheer tints. 

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty leadlight design! I love the special touch the gold beads add! Thanks for the tip on the sheer tints! I've found them to be a bit thick and stringy so maybe adding a little thinner will help.

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.