Friday, May 23, 2014

Duochrome French Tip

Hey everyone! 

Quick post today! 

I wanted to wear a Chanel Peridot dupe but thought wearing it was a full manicure would be a little too much for the office but thought I'd try it as a french tip.

I wanted it be more subtle. 

I was inspired by this nail art found through Google image search. 



Outdoor lowlight shot 



Claw pose 

Products used: 
GAP Gold Rush 
Born Pretty Store Nail Studs 
Stripe Rite Nail art striper 

Gap's Gold Rush is one of many Chanel Peridot dupes that was released in 2012.  I was right to say that everyone was going to dupe this color and every company did! It's a beautiful color! I think it's the perfect lizard color. If you didn't get Chanel Peridot or its many dupes, please pick one up!  The most widely available one now would be the Sephora Formula X version, Iconic.  

Anyway, rant over. 

How I did this manicure was that first off I started by painted a chevron french tip using Gold Rush. It was a little sheer and streaky at the first coat. I was afraid this wasn't the best polish for this. The second coat evened everything out.  I added the stripe lines using my brand new black striper from Stripe Rite and held my breath!  I was afraid the lines would not come out straight! I then added some gold studs from Born Pretty Store.  I was very happy how it turned out. 

Do you have a duochrome like this in your collection? 

Which one is your favorite? 

Thanks for reading!

The gold studs are from Born Pretty Store, Item No. 4993.  Please use code EUL91 for 10% off on your next purchase! 

**Nail art studs were sent for review.  You can visit my full review on this set here.  

2 comments:

  1. These turned out SO well! I love that you just kept the tips decorated, and I totally agree, if you did the full nail it may have been too much. Great use of the studs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really nice and makes a statement without being too overbearing. Very nice! ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.