Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Seattle Cityscape Nails

Hello everybody! 

Hope your week is going splendid! 

Today, I will be heading to Seattle for some job training and a company meeting. 

What better way to commemorate Seattle than with a cityscape manicure! 


Colors used: 
OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls 
OPI Skull and Glossbones 
China Glaze Pelican Grey 
White Acrylic Paint 

Plates used: 
Bundle Monster BM-414 (Buildings)
Bundle Monster BM-015 (Space Needle)


I wasn't sure how to start off the base for nails. I knew I wanted to have a cloudy cityscape day because it rains a lot in Seattle. I started off with a base of white from OPI's My Boyfriend Scales Walls and then sponged a bit of grey from OPI's Skull & Glossbones.  Skull & Glossbones was a bit too light/sheer so I added some darker grey from China Glaze's Pelican Grey.  I added some white sponging for the clouds with acrylic paint.  I very much enjoyed the end result.

I stamped the buildings from Bundle Monster plate BM-414 and the Space Needle from plate BM-015.  It was hard for me to stamp the buildings straight so some were a lopsided.  My first attempt at stamping the Space Needle was a fail so I erased it with a Q-tip dipped in remover. It left a black smear but it only added to the gradient. 

This will be my third time visiting Seattle and I very much enjoy this fine city! 

Does anyone know if there is a Golden Gate Bridge stamping plate for San Francisco?

**Note: I did this manicure a couple of days ago. I didn't actually wear this to a corporate meeting. :) 

Thanks for reading!  

10 comments:

  1. How cute! I don't think I've seen a Golden Gate Bridge stamping plate. Moyou has their travel series, but NYC is the only US destination atm. Hopefully they will expand the series and add other locations! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is totally awesome! I wish I had your stamping skills! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Seattle is one of my all time favourite US cities. Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these!!! Now you've got me trying to root around my stamps trying to see if I have these stamps too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the background you created for your skyscrapers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is absolutely amazing!!!! I wish I could do that lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful <3 The stamping is great and you came up with the perfect background

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.