Monday, April 21, 2014

Picture Polish Mask-a-rade + Galaxy nails

Hi everyone! 

I hope you are having a good week! 

Lately, I've been trying to get through some of the untried polishes in my collection. 

I have many untrieds *hangs head in shame*. 

One of my untrieds was Picture Polish Mask-a-rade which I think is now discontinued.

Picture Polish Mask-a-rade over black.  Mask-a-rade is a mix of pink, green and blue microglitter.  It's in a clear base.  This is two coats total.


It also has a duochrome aspect shining to pink-gold.


I thought Mask-a-rade would look good as base for galaxy nail art. 



My right hand makes another rare appearance. I did this nail art as a full manicure.


Claw pose.


Close pose.

With galaxy nails, you can do whatever you want!  All you need is a sponge and your favorite colors! I started off with sponging some purple holo from Ozotic 513 and blue holo from Ozotic 515. I didn't like how it turned out with just the holo sponging. It looked like blobs. So I added some sponging with white acrylic paint to give more depth to the nebulae. I added dots with a dotting tool.  Unfortunately, I lost some of the fun glitter of Mask-a-Rade with the sponging over it so I added another coat of Mask-a-Rade on top. 

Overall, I was content with the final result but not completely happy. I wore this for the remainder of the day and took it off. 

This is the my third time doing galaxy nails. 

Have you done galaxy nails before? 

How did it turn out? 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.