Monday, March 17, 2014

More St. Patrick's Day Nail Art with Snoopy

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! 

I had this nail art idea floating around in my head for a couple weeks now. 

Life's been really busy for me and I haven't been able to get any nail art accomplished. ::sadface:: 

Luckily, I got this one done. I'm super happy with the end results. 

First, I started out with some green stripes. 


I was trying to follow a nail art tutorial from Tartofraises but hers turned out better! 

Colors used: 

Stripe Rite White & Gold Striper Polishes

I painted my base coat with Essie's Navigate Her and using my thin striper brush I painted in the lines with varying greens from my collection. I added some white and gold glitter stripes using my Stripe Rite polishes from Sally's. I also added a few bits of green striping tape. Unfortunately, it melted and lost its color after I washed my hands later. :/

I did my thumb I little different.


I added a neon stripe and applied a matte top coat. I thought this would look good as a manicure for another day. 

I wasn't done yet. 


Snoopy! 

Plates used: 

Fauxnad plate CF01 - Snoopy
Fauxnad plate HM71 - Large Clover 
Bunder Monster plate BM-003 - Small Clovers

Again, I used the stamping decals technique to make Snoopy solid against the colored background. I was having a hard time aiming the clovers so I turned those into decals too. Also, on the original Snoopy stamp he's holding a heart which looks like a blob. I erased that off for the final design. I then added green rhinestones to the center of the clovers because I wanted some sparkle!


Snoopy in the sun! 


Look a ladybug! 

I hope you had a fantastic weekend and St. Patrick's Day! 

I will have a more in depth review to post of the cartoon fauxnad plate CF01. 

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love these green manis - this one is great and I adore your cute snoopy detail

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I don't know why I'm drawn to stripes! And... I love Snoopy and Ladybugs! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. i bought essie pretty edgy awhile back and still haven't used it. shame on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your snoopy is too precious!!! Love the whole mani <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.