Monday, February 10, 2014

Romantic roses

Sick of Valentine's day nail art? 

I'm not. 

I'll admit it, I've never done rose as art nail art before.  I've used 3D roses as nail art in my pre-blogging days but never painted roses before.  Here's some romantic roses! 


So pretty! It needed a second photo!


I started out with a base of Essie's Warm & Toasty Turtleneck which is a lovely orchid purple. It's from this past season's holiday collection. I found it for half off!  Woot!  For the roses, I painted some light pink and stamped roses over it from BM-14.  The pink stamping is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fuchsia Flare.  I added some green for the leaves.  I then used a striper brush and painted the lines using Warm & Toasty Turtleneck.  I love how straight the lines turned out.  I added a 3D rose and rhinestones. Love! 

I then this manicure would be good with polka dots.


I'm not too good at making dots with dotting tools.  I thought I'd try to stamp the dots with plate KD3. I stamped the dots with Sinful Shine Wisp and the dots came out a little smeared.  I should have used Konad special white for stamping. I used the stamping decal technique to add opaque roses using BM-14. 

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.