Sunday, September 29, 2013

Goodbye Breaking Bad

Breaking Bad is one of those shows that's inherently awesome. Great acting, great story line, great character development. Like all good things, it must come to an end. ::sad face:: Tonight is the series finale and I have no doubt that it will be epic.

Here's my manicure dedicated to one of the best works in television I've seen in a long time! 





How I did it? 

I started off with OPI's Don't Mess with OPI from the Texas collection which is the closest green that I had that matches the Breaking Bad logo. I then painted the "Br" and "Ba" with white acrylic paint which was rather difficult because the brand I have isn't really opaque. It took a few times to get the "Bs" just right.  Luckily, you can rub off acrylic paint with a bit of rubbing alcohol and it won't disturb your base coat.

The Heisenberg sketch is also painted with black acrylic paint. It took me three times to get it just right. The green swirls are done using the needle marbling technique. I used OPI's Did it on Them for the lime green.


If you haven't watched the show, seriously start watching!  Seasons 1 - 5 are available on Netflix streaming.  You won't be disappointed! 

If you've been watching, how do you think it's all going to end? 

Are you sad that it's over? 

Thanks for reading 

8 comments:

  1. Very cool nail art! I've never seen Breaking Bad, so I don't get the hysteria surrounding it, but this manicure is well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confession: I've never watched it! But I have Netflicks, so I will have to start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...you've convinced me. I need to find time to watch it! These nails are so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! I did breaking bad nail art too!!! :D Yours looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome nail art! Never seen the show, but have heard great things - guess it's a good time to start! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great artwork! Guess now is a good time to start watching the show! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love this. Great green colour too. I'm going to have to watch BB as I have completely missed it

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.