Thursday, July 18, 2013

In Memory of Talia Joy

This past Tuesday the beauty community and the world lost one its brightest stars, Talia Joy Castellano.  In case you were unfamiliar, she was a Youtube makeup guru battling a rare form of cancer called neuroblastoma for over six years.  She later developed pre-leukemia and the cancer spread into her bones.

Her mantra was, "Makeup is my Wig" deciding to forgo wearing a wig and embracing the transformative power of makeup.  Her zest for life was unparalleled and she faced her prognosis with maturity and equanimity like no other.  She was able to accomplish so much in the short time she was here with us.

Today, nail bloggers have partnered together to post Mint Manis for Talia inspired by her last Instagram photo posted a few days before she passed.  She's wearing POP Nailglam Mint Magic.

This is my mani dedicated to Talia. 




I wanted to do a mint mani but I also wanted to do a mani I know Talia would love.  I wanted to incorporate animal print as seen on some of her NOTD posts and a 3D bow. 

It's honestly hard for me to write all of this.  I followed her story for quite some time. 


Rest in peace sweetheart.  You were an inspiration to us all!

If you have a mint mani to post, please use hashtags #mintmanisfortaliajoy #taliaslegacy.  To make a donation in her honor, please visit Basecamp.org.

19 comments:

  1. Nice mani! My thoughts and prayers go out to Talia's family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, you've done so well. I have no doubt Talia would love this.
    You certainly did something she'll like. I Love the print and the bow!
    Talia will definitely be missed. She was so full of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so perfect! Talia would have LOVED this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous and sweet little girl! She will be missed! Great mani!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful manicure in honor of a beautiful young lady who touched SO MANY with her story... <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful and eloquent post, I can really see Talia rocking these nails!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure Talia would have loved this mani. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She was an inspiration to many people. This is an awesome tribute mani for her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got it perfect from the Mint green, to the fashion forward spots to the bow, she would love this manicure great job <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a lovely mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is lovely! talia is such a beautiful bright girl who will always be remembered!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the leopard prints. We will definitely miss Talia

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.