Wednesday, July 3, 2013

4th of July nail art ideas

With the 4th of July holiday coming up, I thought I'd post some easy festive nail art ideas for you to wear! These are relatively simple and require a few steps to complete so you can get back to your holiday festivities.

Let's get started! 

#1 Glitter Bomb It! 


What's 4th of July without some sparkle?! I don't have any of the other indie glitter mixes that are 4th of July themed but I felt Shimmer Polishes Nichole was close enough. Nichole is a mix of red, blue and silver glitter. It can be layered or worn alone. If you don't want to go the indie-glitter route, drugstore brands like Icing and Pure Ice polish usually have a 4th of July themed glitters. **Shimmer Polish provided for review**

#2 Gradients plus stamping 



Colors used: 
  • OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls (white)
  • OPI Big Red Apple (red) 
  • OPI Into the Night (blue) 
  • Pure Ice Silver Mercedes (stamping) 
  • Plate - BM 21
One of my favorite nail art techniques is making gradients.  They're easy to do and you can wear multiple colors at once.  I like to use sponge eyeshadow applicators for gradients because they are easier to control.  This manicure is easy, I started with the base of My Boyfriend Scales Walls and sponged the red and blue and waited for it to dry.  I stamped the star image from BM21.  This nail art didn't take too long.  The manicure looks just fine without the star stamping (if you need to save on time or don't stamp). 


#3 Do whatever! 



Colors Used: 

Rimmel Stilleto Red (red)
China Glaze Frostbite (blue)
Nail art stripers

I ran out of ideas and decided to do a medley.  You can do either design as a full manicure.  The nail art pieces are from Sally's Beauty Supply. 

I hope this inspired some nail art ideas for the 4th of July! 

Have a wonderful and safe holiday! 

Please feel free to share your festive manicures over on my Facebook page! I'd love to see!

Thanks for reading!

11 comments:

  1. These are great! I need to do mine tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all really nice! The 4th of July is such a fun holiday to do nail art for =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these ideas! I especially LOVE Shimmer Polish Nichole! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great ideas! I love the fact they all look easy to recreate but are all super on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these ideas! your nails are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'll be glitter bombing it this year. I have NO Idea what else to do.

    And I will be using the polish you used. I think. Nichole is so pretty on you!
    great ideas here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute Manis! I love the little stars!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your ideas! I think my favorite is the gradient with the stamping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful manis! I thought the same thing about Shimmer Nichole. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.