Monday, June 3, 2013

New Sinful Colors: Sinful Shine

Recently, I saw a different kind of Sinful Colors display at Walgreens that caught my eye.  These were new and with fancy silver caps so for $3 I had to try a few.  Boy, I was not disappointed!

I picked up In the Limelight & Alfresco.





Sinful Shine In the Limelight.  I picked this up because I thought it would be a close dupe to Zoya's Josie.  In the Limelight is not a lime green at all it's more of a dusty grass green.  It's more of a subdued green.  It's very wearable and not a "in your face" sort of green. 

**Bonus** 
I added some flower stamping from BM321. 


I thought white flowers would look good but these were too large.  This looks more like a St. Patrick's day manicure than a spring manicure. 




Sinful Shine Alfresco.  This is a periwinkle cream.  This color is also slightly dusty and subdued but my camera is picking it up as more vibrant than it is.  I've always been looking for a true periwinkle cream with a good formula.  The closest I have is Essie's Lapis of Luxury but its formula is thin, streaky and slow drying. 

**Bonus**
I layered it with Sephora Chaotic (Connect the Dots dupe).


Final Thoughts & Availability? 

I purchased the Sinful Colors Sinful Shine polishes from Walgreens for $2.99.  These are available at select Walgreens but not at all locations (call ahead for availability).  I'm not sure if these a limited edition or will be a part of the permanent display.  I will be sad if they are limited edition.

Overall, the formula on these were thick and creamy and applied wonderfully.  In fact, the formula is a little too thick so you have to work to apply thinner coats.  These dried super glossy and did not require a top coat.  Also, they say with "gel tech" but these do not require any type of lamp to cure.

In sum, buy the whole display. 
  

**Double Bonus** 

I took a touristy boat tour around the bay. 


Thanks for reading!

9 comments:

  1. I agree that these new SinfulShine shades are PHENOMENAL!! Love the last photo =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning swatches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came from Walgreens and resisted the temptation! Your swatches are so clean and shiny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing colors! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg that blue is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been wanting sephora x chaotic for a loooooooonnnnnnngggggg time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did with the blue! I have about seven of the Sinful Shines and love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like Alfresco, I haven't seen these in my store yet.

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.