Monday, May 6, 2013

Blackheart Beauty: Hot Topic Skull Polishes

About a year or so ago, Hot Topic converted their makeup line to Blackheart Beauty and their polishes now come in cute skull bottles. Hot Topic was having a sell on everything in their store for buy one get one half off.

 


Blackheart Beauty Mint to Be.  I could not get this beautiful polish to photograph accurately at all.  This is a mint pastel but more of a spearmint.  It leans a tad more of a green yellow.  It's almost neon that dries matte.  A mint pastel neon is on my wish list and this is about as close as it gets.  The formula on this was a little streaky and uneven.  I had to do three thin coats to get it to even out and it's still not completely even. 



Blackheart Beauty Sexy Pistols. This is a steely blue grey polish with silver shimmer. It's very saturated and a true one coater. It would likely by good for stamping because it went on in one coat. Photographed here with no top coat.  It's very shiny yet subdued at the same time. 



Blackheart Beauty My Violet Tendencies. This is an old unpublished swatch. This is a violet purple jelly with multi-chromatic shimmer. This purple is rather sheer and it took three coats to be fully opaque.

Final Thoughts & Availability? 

I like unique polish bottles. I think that the skull bottles are fun but I wish that they colors were more unique. A lot of the colors seems to be recycled colors from other cheaper brands. The price on these was rather off putting as well. These are priced at $5.00 USD each (on sale for $3.75) and are available in Hot Topic stores and their online site.

Yes, I did see the disclaimer about the possibility of lead in their polishes, click here for more information. 

Thanks for reading! 

1 comment:

  1. My violet Tendencies looks absolutely stunning! I've never had a chance to try any of these but they look so smooth and shiny. I agree, the bottles are really cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.