Thursday, April 25, 2013

NOTD: Ulta 3 Peach Paradise + Hemlock

Now, if you ate Hemlock favored peaches, you'd die.  I wanted to try out a couple new polishes I acquired recently: Ulta 3 Tropical Minis and Illamasqua's Hemlock.  Hemlock used to be only sold in their set of Freak perfume which was limited edition and sold through their UK site.  I purchased Illamasqua's Hemlock off the Sephora website and could not find it in store.  Seriously, get this polish.

First up, Ulta 3 Peach Paradise 




Ulta 3 Peach Paradise. This is a pink coral creme from the Tropical mini set. The formula on this was thin and a little streaky. I had to paint the first two coats and let dry and then do a third thin coat to even it out. Also, the brush for this polish was all kinds of wonky and defective and the bristles were out of place. I prefer to use a different brush when dealing with minis but I didn't for this one. This is without topcoat and it dried to a high gloss shine.

I added a coat of Illamasqua's Hemlock because the plain pink was too boring: 



Illamasqua's Hemlock.  This is a sheer green shimmer polish with a slight duochrome effect.  Actually, looking at it more it's really close to the now long discontinued OPI Electric Eel.  I will have to do a comparison post. 

I hope to have the rest of my Ulta 3 polishes swatched to post here soon. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.