Friday, April 12, 2013

Nails Inc. Feathers Cornwall: Swatches & Review

Nails Inc. released a set of "feathers" polishes which were small matte bar/string glitters in the same vein as many indie glitters.  There's four shades in this set and only Cornwall remained on the display by the time I made it to Sephora.



(Look at the cute birdie on the label!) 

Nails Inc. Cornwall.  This is a vibrant navy blue bar glitter with matte white bars in a clear base.  I layered this over a thin coat of Essie's Marshmallow in order to hide the visible nail line.  This was two coats of glitter to get adequate coverage. The base for the glitters was not thick and the glitter was easy to spread around.  Also, I did a coat of regular top coat to smooth out the glitter.  I can't remember which one I used either Poshe or Orly. 



I made a "jelly" sandwich by doing another thin coat of Essie's Marshmallow and then a another coat of Cornwall.  It made it look more blended and a nice jelly finish! 

Final thoughts? 
Some people love bar glitter while others hate it!  I liked Cornwall. I've never seen short blue and white bars in a polish before.  It's nice to see larger companies picking up on the "indie" glitter mix trend.  This glitter is in a clear base and needs to be layered for the best effect.  

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I really like this polish for some reason. I just think it's so bright and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your jelly sandwich with this!

    I've tried a couple of the 'festhers' colours and I agree they work best layered over another colour. You also get to play around with the colours more when you layer :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.