Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter: Pastel Nail Art

Happy Easter everyone! 

I thought I'd include some other pastel nail art I've done in the past week! 


I saw Pretty Purple Polish's tutorial on how she made pastel stripes.  I really liked it and thought I would try it. I started off with some larger pastel stripes using China Glaze Lemon Fizz (yellow), Icing's Rosie Posie (pink), Sinful Colors Candy Coated (lavender) and Wet n Wild's I need a Re-freshmint (Tiffany's blue). 


Then using striping tape, I placed a strip of tape over the middle and sponged white over it.  It took three coats of the white to become fully opaque.  I then added a coat of Matte About You.  Since it took so many coats, the final result looks a little bulky. 


Claw pose to show off my thumb 

Here's a colorful dotticure:




The base color is Sinful Colors Candy Coated and a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust.  I then added some dots at a diagonal using Sally Hansen Blue-Away, Icing's Rosie Posie, and Wet n Wild's I Need a Refreshmint.  The trick is with making dots is to use a polish that's really opaque in the first coat.  The Sally Hansen Insta-Dri line works really well for dot nail art. 

Up next, purple gradients!


Colors used: American Apparel L'Esprit and Essie No More Film.  L'Esprit is the perfect lavender cream, almost a one-coater! No streaking, flawless application.  I did this sponging with a craft foam brush like what you use in stencil projects.  It gives a more stippled effect. 


The same colors were used for this gradient but I used a makeup foundation sponge.  This gradient is more smooth and blended looking. I did have to clean up more around my cuticles.  I might have missed some spots. Those usually come off in the shower. 

I then added bunnies! 



I stamped these cute bunnies from Bundle Monster plate 302 using Konad s/p white.  The ring finger bunny came out the most crisp! 

I hope everyone has an enjoyable restful day today surrounded by loved ones! 

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. All amazing, especially the final design!! so cute xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.