Monday, February 25, 2013

Day 25 Youtube tutorial Water Marble

The theme for today is to follow a Youtube nail art tutorial. I'm always watching Youtube tutorials and I don't always replicate them. It's always helpful to see different techniques and ways to do nail art. I think water marbling is the one I've watched the most because I'm trying to learn all the different variables to perfect this technique. In my years of polish addiction, I've only done THREE water marble manicures to date.


I used a couple of the new Sinful Colors from the Sugar Rush display. The lavender is Candy Coated and the blue is Sweet Nothing. I didn't tape off my finger to do the marble because I always smudge the polish taking off the tape. I coated my fingers with Sunny's Miracle Balm and it kept the polish from sticking to my skin. I used 50-billion Qtips for clean up.

Claw-pose to show my thumb.

Overall, I liked how my thumb, ring finger and pinkie turned out.  All my petals are different directions.  The petals design is the only design I can to.  I watched tutorials on how to do different shapes and it didn't work out. 


Colors used: Sinful Colors Candy Coated and Sweet Nothing. 

Also, water marbling does use a lot of polish but these polishes range from $.99 on sale to $1.99 full price. So definitely pick these up if you are interested in marbling. The Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polishes work well with water marbling too.

 

I found Meliney's tutorial helpful but also check out My Simple Little Pleasures and iLoveMyLoveNails for helpful watermarble tutorials. 


Thanks for reading! 


1 comment:

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.