Sunday, February 24, 2013

Day 24 - Rainbow nails

The theme for today is tissue paper or rainbow nails and since I can't find my tissue paper, I'll do rainbow. Sadly, I have not done rainbow nails since middle school and rainbow nail art has been on my nail art wishlist for awhile now.  So, here goes...


I started with a white base and I sponged a rainbow gradient using eyeshadow sponge applicators. I like using eyeshadow applicators because I can get better control versus using a makeup sponge.  This gradient is without topcoat and you can see the stipple effect really well with some white poking through.  Adding topcoat blends it all together but I liked this look better.

(Outside lowlight shot)

I added some dolphin/star stamping from plate BM-320. I searched and searched through all my plates to find the perfect stamp to cover the rainbow gradient.  I was going to do peace signs but the dolphins worked better!  They're a little washed out because of the yellow. Maybe a darker stamp color would have worked better?  The stamp color is Konad S/P white.  I added a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust for subtle sparkle but it didn't show in the photos.  Believe me rainbow sparkle is there!

For those interested, here's the hodgepodge of polishes used to make the rainbow gradient: 


From L to R: OPI Big Red Apple, H&M Sunset Dreams. LA Colors Yellow striper


Essie Pretty Edgy, Sally Hansen Blue By!, China Glaze Grape Pop.

Please be sure to check out the other participants in this challenge! 

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.