Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Crumpet's DC - Day 9 - Saran Wrap

The theme for today is a saran wrap aka a cling film manicure.  I've never tried this technique before and I liked how mine turned out.  I watched this tutorial here to figure out how to do it.



It's easy to do a saran wrap manicure.  Simply paint your base color and let dry.  Then take saran wrap and crumple it up and dab some wet polish on to your nail.  Then using then saran wrap, use it to dab the wet polish to make the marbled design. 

I used OPI's Mermaid's Tears as the base color and added dabs of Sally Hansen's Blue Me Away and H&M's Summer Sunrise.  I think this combo reminds me of Nailventuous' Floam

Thanks for reading! 


4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love these two colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the same method of dabbing polish on top, instead of dabbing it off, and liked it a lot more. These colors are amazing together--reminds me of the infamous Floam!

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.