Monday, January 28, 2013

The Crumpet's DC - Day 28 - Favorite Color

The theme for today is your favorite color. Now, I love all polish colors with the exception of some browns. I would have to say my favorite color group is grey tones. I chose OPI's Skull & Glossbones from their 2011 Pirates collection and did some freehand nail art over it.
 




Actually, the floating men are inspired by my favorite Muse album, Absolution. I'm going to see Muse tonight. This is a photo of my nails next to the album. 

 I did the floating men freehand with a Migi nail art pen. This is the first time really using my Migi nail art pens and I was nervous that it would not turn out right. I practiced on a piece of paper first. In the end, I really liked the final result. I felt I was able to capture the album art really well!  Next time, I'll use black acrylic paint which can be wiped off with water if you make a mistake.


Colors used: OPI Skull & Glossbones and Migi nail art pen in red and black.  The black end has a bit of silver shimmer to it.  I wish it was a true black. 

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Awww...this is so pretty, Love the color combos and design. I find it unique and classy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.