Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Crumpet's DC - Day 24 - Game Inspired PvZ

The theme for today is inspired from a game.  Now, since I missed yesterday's challenge, inspired by nature, I'll say today's post can be two in one.  I chose Plants vs. Zombies as my game inspiration.  If you've never played Plants vs. Zombies, basically it's a tower defense game where you place plants to defend your home against hungry brain eating zombies.  Very fun, highly addicting.  Hours of gameplay.

I had a hard time with this manicure so bear with me.  I had to repaint over some stuff. 




Index: Zombie rising out of the grave from game title screen.

Middle: Snow Pea Shooter shoots frozen peas to slow down zombies. 

Ring: Pea Shoot shoots peas to kill zombies. The first plant you earn in the game. 

Pinkie: Zombie.  The regular zombie that's easiest to kill. 

French tip: represents the lawn.  It's a checkered grid.

Basically, I didn't know where to start with this.  I started with painting the tips with Sally Hansen's Just in Lime and I wanted to do checkered tips.  I blocked it off with striping tape and took my dotting tool and colored in the lines.   The characters are waterslide decals that a sheer so I painted half my nail white with Whirlwind White.  It got a little messy at this point but a couple coats of top coat smoothed everything over.  Now, I know what to do in the future if I want to do this manicure again.

Colors used: 


Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Just in Lime and Whirlwind White.  Australis Here Today, Gone Tomorrow (dark green). 

Here's a music video of the game to see the characters in action: 
  

Plants vs. Zombies is available for download at Popcap.com and I'd highly recommend it to anyone.  Fun for all ages!  Like I said hours of gameplay with a great replay value too! 

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. First off, I love this game! Secondly, these are awesome! I love how they turned out--so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely flippin BRILLIANT!!! I can only dream of doing art like this. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most awesome manicure ever. Ever. EVER.

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.