Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Crumpet's DC - Day 17 - New Technique

The theme for today is a new nail art technique.  I chose water spotted nails as demonstrated by Cute Polish on Youtube.

Here was my first attempt over silver: 


Basically, it's a variation of water marbling.  I placed a few drops of black polish into a cup of water then I spritzed it with rubbing alcohol and dunked my nail.  I had a hard time making the type of spots I wanted.  I think I needed fewer drops of black polish.  The polish I used here was Sinful Colors Black on Black. 

Here I tried the neon gradient that Cute Polished demonstrated in her tutorial: 


What are some new nail art techniques you want to try? 

Thanks for reading! 

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! I seriously love how it turned out over the silver. I love that it's really random and on a couple nails it looks watery and less spotty. This is very edgy and cool looking!

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.