Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Crumpet's DC - Day 12 - Tape Mani

The theme for today is a tape mani.  Now, I am not good at all using scotch tape or painter's tape to make straight lines.  The tape sticks to the polish or polish leeches under.  I've tried and tried and failed!   Fortunately, I've had better luck with striping tape.


Basically, this is a green version of this manicure I did back in Sept. Striping tape is easy to work with. Simply paint your base color and let dry the apply your tape. The tape is slightly adhesive and can be easily manipulated. To see a video tutorial I did with striping tape, please click here.
(Trying to capture the holo aspect indoors) 


Colors used: Urban Outfitters Green Holo, Nubar Reclaim (also holographic) and Chi Chi Everyday I'm Shuffling. 

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. this looks awesome. btw if you use a coat of seche vite before you add the tape, it will make a huge difference. also masking tape works better than scotch tape. i hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome!!! When you are using normal sticky tape you have to rub it on your hand first to get rid off the excess glue....otherwise it rips your polish off :( I don't know how many times that has happened to me!

    Love your manicure, hope u have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous color combination! <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.