Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Glitter mixes

Every year I can't decide whether or not I want to buy some Christmas glitter nail polishes.  They all look so pretty but there's only one time of year you can wear them.  So I decided to mix my own this year and this was the final result:


I wanted to make a glitter mix similar to China Glaze's Party Hearty for the first one. The middle one is like the first mix but with stars and the last one I wanted to make a candy cane inspired mix. These don't have names.


Here's how they look swatched on one finger layered over Milani's White on the Spot.  The star one, the candy cane mix and the Party Hearty inspired mix. 




How I mixed these? 

Some of the glitter came from polishes I already own:


Milani Jewel FX in red and LA Colors (no name) silver hex glitter.


Icing's Wear While and OPI's Fresh Frog of Bel Air

It's pretty easy.  I just dumped the glitter into an empty mini bottle and eye balled how much I wanted in the final mix.  I sort of ran out of time to wear these so hopefully I can wear them next year! 

Do you like to mix your own polishes? 

How did it turn out? 

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. These are lovely. I always hate buying Christmas polishes for the same reason. <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.