Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Butter London: Sparkle, Sparkle Holiday trio swatches & review

My boyfriend was nice enough to buy me the Sparkle, Sparkle holiday trio from the Butter London store in Seattle.  It consists of three glittery colors from this year's holiday collection.

All swatch photos are with top coat:


Butter London Shambolic. This is a good mix of purple glitter with hints of blue microglitter in a sheer black jelly base. Also, included in the mix are silver and purple hex glitters. The base was sheer but buildable to full opacity with three coats. The glitter laid flat and smoothed easily with a coat of top coat. I like the mix of small and hex glitters and the hex glitters dispersed evenly.

 

Butter London Jack the Lad.  This is an a dark evergreen with gold and blue micro shimmer.  This polish was very dense and applied fully opaque within two coats.  A very pretty green!  I thought it was close to OPI's Live and Let Die  but not a 100% dupe.  I'd recommend Jack the Lad over Live and Let Die if you are looking for a good green for the holidays. 


Butter London Scuppered.  Now, I've said this before I'm not a fan of browns but I liked this one!  Scuppered is a mix of metallic copper brown with a hints of pink microglitter and green circle glitter.  I liked this color and I think I'm becoming more and more comfortable wearing brown toned polishes. 


Final thoughts & Availability?

I'd recommend the Sparkle, Sparkle trio as a gift for any polish lover! Seriously, who doesn't love glitter? Color-wise this set was a good mix that not the typical reds and greens that are released around Christmas and these can be worn anytime throughout the year.

This set was purchased from the Butter London store in Seattle but Butter London can found on their official site, Nordstrom, Macy's and any other authorized retailers.  Full sized bottles retail for $14 USD and trio gift sets are $25 USD. 

Do you have any Butter London polishes? 

How do you like them?

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. I really like Jack the Lad >.< Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting both of these, can't wait to get them! Shambolic is definitely my favourite of the 3, based on the pictures :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! These nail colors are so gorgeous. I like them all for I find them so elegant and classy. These nail colors are perfect for this coming holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Jack the Lad, it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nail art, the latest trend and what Ms. Lizard has would definitely turn gals green with envy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.