Friday, November 9, 2012

Sally Hansen Lava + possible dupe comp

I picked up Sally Hansen's Lava from their Lustre Shine collection at Walgreens.  This was the most unique out of the colors because they looked like dupes from the China Glaze duochrome release.




You can see the color shift here. 

It looks gold at this angle here.

Sally Hansen's Lava.  This is a pink to orange to gold glass fleck duochrome.  Since it is a glass fleck, the formula was a little thin.  I should have had more patience with this and kept dinging or smudging my nail.  This was 3-coats total.  I will say that at this many coats it looks a little too dense and the glass fleck aspect is lost.  So try for 2-coats and it has more shine and sparkle 


Blurry low light shot. 

I thought Lava and Color Club's Wild and Willing were dupes.  They're not. 



Color Club's Wild and Willing.  This duochrome goes from gold to orange to slightly pink.  I had the same issue with this one.  I added too many coats and the color was too dense. 

Did you pick up any of the Sally Hansen duochromes? 

What colors did you get? 

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. I bought Lava because it was very close to being a dupe of OPI The Show Must Go On, which has been a fave of mine for years but was limited edition. Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lava is really pretty! There was also a dupe comp. b/t Lava and a Mac polish.

      Delete
  2. These are both gorgeous! I really love the CC!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.