Wednesday, November 7, 2012

OPI Skyfall mini set: swatches & review

The OPI Skyfall 2012 holiday release celebrates 50 years of Bond films and is aptly named after the upcoming Bond release, Skyfall.  The full set consists of 12 polishes plus a 18 carat gold flake top coat (The Man with the Golden Gun).  I picked up the mini set a couple of weeks ago and was really pleased with this set.




OPI GoldenEye.  Everyone keeps talking about the real gold flake top coat when they should be talking about this polish!  GoldenEye is a yellow gold foil with hints of gold flakes.  Very intense with a chromatic shine.  This was 3-coats total with topcoat.  It will drag if you don't let the coats dry enough in between.  Seriously, get this gold polish!   



OPI The Spy who Loved Me.  This is a cherry red glass fleck with really great coverage.  This was 2-coats with topcoat.  A great red for Christmas or Valentine's Day.  I thought it would be a dupe for Zoya's Kimmy.  Kimmy is a bit more warmer toned with gold glass flecks.  As always for reds, double up on base coat because it did stain through. 



OPI The World is Not Enough.  This was an odd shade to try to describe.  In some lighting, I thought it was purple or brown or a purple/brown.  I asked around and some said it was a taupe.  According to the OPI site, it says it's a silver rose color.  I'll say that this color is a purple/brown with hints of mutlicolor shimmer similar to the shimmer in Essie's Pure Pearlfection.  Now, I will say I don't like wearing brown toned polish but I liked this one.  This also required 3-coats, seen here with topcoat. 



OPI Live and Let Die is a very dark smokey green with a hint of gold shimmer.  It looks mostly black  This is applies in one coat but I did two here with a top coat.  


I purchased this 4-piece mini set from Peninsula Beauty for $12.50 USD.  I'd highly recommended the mini set if you're like me and want to try some of the colors from every collection and not pay for the full sizes.  Full size bottles retail for $8.50.   

OPI products can also be found Ulta, JC Penny and other authorized beauty retailers.


Did you pick up any of the Skyfall polishes? 

Are you excited about the new Skyfall movie that releases later this month?

Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. That's the best gold polish I have ever seen! Live And Let Die is very pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a stunner! You need to see it in real life. My camera can't do it justice.

      Delete
  2. Some of the most vibrant colors i have seen in a long time. Btw your nails are GREAT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. thank you! Like I said you need Goldeneye!

      Delete