Monday, October 29, 2012

Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers Tombstone polishes & dupes

With Halloween fast approaching, I thought I'd post some of the Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers polishes!  These come in a little RIP tombstone, how adorable!


L to R: Wet n Wild Rest in Pieces, Once Upon a Time and Glow in the Dark. I'm missing Nail in the Coffin which is a black with silver and orange microglitter.  I do not have a swatch of the Glow in the Dark one.  My camera will not pick it up but trust me it's very glowy!  It looks great over white!



Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers Rest in Pieces.  This is a black jelly with purple microglitter.  It goes on a little thin but builds well to full opacity.  This 3-coats total with top coat. 



Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers Once Upon a Time layered 1-coat over black. This is a black jelly with red hex and red microglitter. Wet n Wild had a dupe of this last year in their Halloween release as well as their current Spoiled and Fergie collections. This is also a dupe for Deborah Lippman's Ruby Red Slippers.


For fun I mattified it with Essie's Matte About You.

Here's a rare hard to find Fantasy Makers polish I own: 


Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers Black Magic. It's a rainbow mix of confetti string glitter. I like how the string glitter isn't thick or bulky and will lay flat.  I think this was released in 2008. I bought this off Ebay when I was randomly searching for polishes that are on my wishlist.  I wish they still made string glitter like this.

Possible dupes? 
If you can't fine tombstone polishes in your area, here's some dupes:


Wet n Wild Shine Night Prowl and Rest in Pieces are dupes.  Night Prowl used to be on the regular Wild Shine display.  It seems to have been taken off now.  You might still be able to find it in the sale bins.  


NYX Girls Dorothy is a dupe for Once Upon a Time.  I've been able to find NYX Girls polishes at random beauty shops or online at Amazon or Cherry Culture (their shipping is outrageously high for polish).  I had a thing where I had to buy the all cheaper dupes for Deborah Lippman polishes.  I have to say that the formula for Dorothy is not so good and is really slow drying and will easily ding/smudge. 

Final Thoughts & Availability? 

Last year, these polishes were in drugstores on the regular Halloween display. This year it seems to be replaced with the Halloween Megalast polishes which is a set of foil shades. I was able to find these at the Halloween Superstore for $4 and if you can wait a day, they will be 50% off. I liked the tombstone bottles but disappointed that they are recycled colors from last year or from different collections. I was hoping for some new and unique glitter mixes. Oh well, there's always next year, right?

Did you buy any of the Wet n Wild Halloween polishes? 

If so, what shades did you get? 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.