Thursday, October 18, 2012

Emily de Molly: It's Complicated & When Planets Collide

I was lucky enough to receive a couple of Emily de Molly polishes in some recent nail mail from Australia.  Thank you, Hooked!

Emily de Molly is an indie polish brand based out of Australia and unfortunately for those of us stateside she no longer ships internationally. However, the good news is that Emily de Molly polishes will soon be sold on Llarowe.  I'm not sure when they'll be available, I'm guessing here soon.

I have two Emily de Molly polishes to showcase today: 




Emily de Molly It's Complicated. This is a white jelly polish with matte black and purple hexes as well as smaller holographic glitter. There's also some black shard glitter in the mix. An interesting mix. My only peeve is that the holo glitter did not sparkle once it was on the nail; it was only visible in the bottle.  I also wanted more black hexes on my nail because I'm weird like that.  Overall, an awesome white jelly mix.



Emily de Molly When Planets Collide.  This is a mix of blue, red and holographic green glitter in a black jelly base. It also has blue microglitter to add depth to the mix. This was three coats to fully opaque. This reminds me a little bit of Deborah Lippman's Across the Universe but with red glitter.

Bottle Shot

I really like these two glitter mixes. I feel they are really unique and well made. Her labels are professionally printed and not an inkjet printer label which makes her bottles stand out from other indies. Also, the formula was nice and the glitter spread evenly and was not chunky, thick or sank to the bottom of the bottle. All factors that make a superb indie brand.

Once they are available in the US, I might pick up a few more of her polishes. 
Do you own any Emily de Molly polishes? 

If not, which ones would you like to get?

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. I love EdM polishes! I recently bought a couple off a blog sale! I'm excited for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been dying to get my hands on 'It's Complicated.' Hopefully Llarowe will have it in stock soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would kill for that gorgeous black glitter!:)They look amazing, wish they would be available in my country!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greta's swatches! These look great indent own any, but I'm tempted. :-) thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.