Friday, October 19, 2012

China Glaze: Deviantly Daring & Unpredictable

I know I'm a little late in posting about the China Glaze duochromes that were released a few months back. I finally got around to buying these when I stumbled across a Sally's Beauty Supply at random. These two were the remaining ones on the display.





China Glaze Deviantly Daring is a teal to blue to green duochrome. The color shift is very slight and can be seen at extreme angles which I could not capture with my camera. This is pictured in full sunlight.



China Glaze Unpredictable is a green to gold to blue duochrome.  It reminded me of Chanel Peridot but with blue. 


This is a blurry low light shot to show the color shift. 

I liked both of these.  However, I hoped that there would have been more of a color shift when it was on the nail.  It seems to be more of color shift in the bottle than on the nail.    

Availability? 

The China Glaze New Bohemian collection is limited edition and it may still be in stores at Sally's Beauty or other retailers and is still available online at Transdesign.com.  Sally Hansen released a set of duochromes that had some dupes for this collection but were more expensive at $8.99 each.  Maybelline also had a set of duochromes but seemed to have sold out quickly in store.

Did you pick up any duochromes that were released this fall?

What colors did you get?

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize unpredictable had blue in the shift. I thought it was a straight dupe like OPI's spiderman one, that I have but don't like on my nails. lol! Now I have to see if I can find this in person to see if it will go better with my skin tone than just the gold to green duochrome

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.