Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Artsy Wednesday: Favorite Brand China Glaze

This week's theme is our favorite brand. Now, I have a lot of favorite brands like Zoya, Wet n Wild, OPI but out of all the brands I have I'd have to say China Glaze is my all time favorite. The formula is always good, great color variety and availability.  China Glaze never seems to disappoint me.

Today, I'm wearing Pelican Grey topped with White Cap from last year's spring collection: 



China Glaze Pelican Grey is a light grey. It's a true grey with no blue or purple undertones. It has a slight silver shimmer to it. I topped it with White Cap which is a shimmery gold for added shimmer. White Cap is a good layering polish when you want to revamp an old mani without completely changing it or when you want to add shimmer. I wore this because I wanted something neutral to wear to work this week.

Here's some bottle spam of rare and hard to find China Glaze colors I proudly own: 


China Glaze OMG, GR8T, FYI, TTYL & TMI


China Glaze LOL, IDK,DV8 & 2NITE.

I own most of the China Glaze OMG collection.  I'm missing the remaining three that I don't think I will be able to get them.  I got these off eBay over the course of 2010 and 2011.  Don't despair if you missed out on these, China Glaze will release another set of linear holos for Spring 2013. 


China Glaze Virtual Violet, 3D Fantasy & Techno Teal. 

These were from last year's Tronica collection that were supposed to be holographic but had a very slight holo shimmer to them.  Many people were disappointed looking for dupes to the OMG collection.  These are very pretty just not what I was looking for.  These were limited edition exclusive in store at Sally's Beauty Supply and sold out very quickly.


China Glaze Millennium, Sci-Fi, Robotika & 2030.

These were from the Khrome collection.  I don't think you can find Millennium anymore for a reasonable price but it's the best silver chrome ever!  These are also great for stamping, that's why I bought them. 

My favorite China Glaze collection ever, the Up & Away collection: 


China Glaze Lemon Fizz, Happy Go Lucky, Peachy Keen, Grape Pop, Re-Fresh Mint, Something Sweet and Hel-i-Yum.

I really would like to get the remaining colors in this collection to complete it.  I never got around to doing it.  This set of cremes released in spring 2010.  I think it's the most versatile of all the China Glaze collections.  Great for every day wear, great for nail art and just great all around!  

The bestest China Glaze of all, Fairy Dust! 


Fairy Dust is a holographic micro glitter in a clear base.  Like the Polished Genius said, "Fairy Dust is like the bacon of the nail world, you can put it on anything!"  If you don't have Fairy Dust, you need it!  It's another great layering polish for when you want to add some rainbow sparkle to your manicure!

Overall, I think I have a color from every collection that China Glaze has released in the past few years. Unfortunately, I do not have the whole set from one collection.  I like to pick which ones I like and are the most unique versus having a whole collection for the sake of having it.  The last time I counted, I had 50 bottles total.  I know there's more than that. 

*On a sad note, this will be my last Artsy Wednesday post.  Life has caught up to me and I'm no longer to post/blog at the rate I would like to.  Unfortunately, I have to retire.  I will continue to check out everyone's Artsy Wednesday post.  I look forward to what everyone comes up with. 

Please be sure to check out other amazing Arsty Wednesday participants:

Michelle - Lab Muffin
Melanie - Nail & Polish
Jessica - Beauty Gnome
Catrine - Unnaked Nails
Kamen - KAKA Beauty Blog
Emily - Anaccentnail


Thanks for reading! 

8 comments:

  1. shame to see u leave artsy wednesday! ur designs and nails are always FAB! good luck sweets :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, another China Glaze fan - it's a gorgeous mani, and I am so sad to see you leave our group!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty work mani! Sad to hear your are leaving though. :( You have a very nice China Glaze Collection. I'm missing BFF and IDK from the OMG collection, I'm hoping the ebay price comes down a bit after they release their new holo collection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your a great blogger & this was a great post...China glaze is an amazing brand. you will be missed in our group! I wish You well and hope to see you back son

    ReplyDelete
  5. China Glaze is super popular this week! :) Hope to see you back soon Lyndsey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that combo with Pelican Grey and White Cap! I have them both so I'll have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.