Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Artsy Wednesday: Matte & Glossy Corset Nails

This week's theme is matte and glossy.  I used a couple of Illamasqua's polishes for this week's theme.  I chose Vice and Faux Pas, both colors that dry to a semi-matte looking finish.  I replicated their corset nails design from their Theater of the Nameless ad campaign.




I painted the base with Illasmaqua Vice and did a half-circle with Faux Pas. I used some some nail art stripers to create the strings and grommets. In the photo, it looks like they used actual thread adhered onto her nail.


I wanted to show how it looks shiny and then completely matte but I will leave it as is. 

Bottle shot of the colors I used.
Essie's Matte about You is the only mattifying topcoat I own.

Also, I am sad to announce that we have an Artsy Wednesday member departing this week, Holly.  She will be greatly missed!  Please continue to visit her blog and show your support.

Please check out the other Artsy Wednesday participants: 

Michelle - Lab Muffin
Melanie - Nail & Polish 
Jessica - Beauty Gnome
Catrine - Unnaked Nails
Kamen - KAKA Beauty Blog (out this week)

Thanks for reading!

10 comments:

  1. think there are a few of us who have used used Essie's matte about you this week! hehe! this is fab! love ur nails! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW, this is a cool mani, very elegant and different, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome nail art! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a perfect design for your long pretty nails...it came out beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, looks great and a lot of work too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful design for your lovely long nails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I agree with the others, looks amazing with your long nails!

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.