Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Artsty Wednesday: Inspired by jewelry

This week's theme is inspired by jewelry.  Unfortunately, I can't wear a lot of jewelry because I'm allergic. If I wear a bracelet or necklace it'll cause me to break out but I can wear earrings.

Here's my favorite pair I bought back in 2005: 


I really like moon earrings.  I few different pairs. These were handmade.  

Unfortunately, I was felled by a severe migraine this week and could not complete this week's challenge.  Here's my tester nail: 


I did a black base using Rimmel's Black Satin topped with China Glaze Fairy Dust.  Sorry the lighting drowns out the fairy sparkle.  I tried to paint in the moon and naked lady with silver polish.  

Please be sure to check out other amazing Arsty Wednesday participants:

Michelle - Lab Muffin
Melanie - Nail & Polish (out this week)
Jessica - Beauty Gnome
Catrine - Unnaked Nails
Kamen - KAKA Beauty Blog
Emily - Anaccentnail

Thanks for reading!

10 comments:

  1. that's such a good representation! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I think you did a really good job!
    Hope you feel better soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even your tester nail looks awesome! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fairy dust polish looks really good. I need to get myself a clear glitter polish.


    P:S New follower
    Much love: http://razzledazzleandrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/ If you fancy a follow or a nosey. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ear rings, and I like your painting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you feel better! From the little sample, it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tester nail looks great! I'm also allergic to some jewellery. Earrings are the worst for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tester looks amazing already! I'm only a little allergic (itching and some redness but no rash) to some earrings, but I've found that painting a layer of clear polish over the hooks helps.

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.