Monday, July 30, 2012

China Glaze Desert Sun + Pirate stamping plate QA5 review

I wanted to try my new fauxnad plate numbered QA5.  I can't tell you more on who manufactures it but I have seen it on Ebay and it ships from China.  I purchased this from Ninjapolish.com.


The base is China Glaze Desert Sun and I sponged some Wet n Wild A Show at the Palladium for extra sparkle.  The stamps did not smudge.  I smudged them when cleaning my plate.  

Here's how the rest of the plate looked stamped:


I used Winmax black polish for stamping and a metal scraper.  I did find that the skulls had to be swiped in both directions for the whole image to pick up or there would be excess polish between the cross bones.  Also I do like the multiple images on one plate; however, having them close together sometimes both images will pick up.  Some of the QA5 label would pick up when I tried to stamp the lower skulls.  I removed it with a Qtip before stamping. 

This plate is very nicely etched.  I'd recommend to anyone wanting some fun nautical images, skulls and bows.  There may be some trial and error involved when swiping and placing the stamps. 

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I really like that stamping plate! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.