Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Artsy Wednesday: Inspired by A Perfect Circle

This week's theme is music!  A Perfect Circle is one of my favorite bands! If you are unaware, A Perfect Circle was another band formed in 1999 by frontman James Maynard Keenan of Tool.  A Perfect Circle released three albums and went on hiatus in 2004.  I was lucky enough to see them play live last year!  I checked my spam folder one day and it was an alert that A Perfect Circle was playing near me! Ticket sold! I was wholly unaware that they were touring! I would have died if I had missed it!

Without further ado, here's my APC inspired nail art based off their eMOTIVe album cover: 



Here's a shot of my nails next to the album artwork: 


Total time to complete: 2hrs!
Colors used: Essence Be Optimistic, China Glaze Riveting, Peachy Keen, Happy go Lucky, H&M Sunset Dreams and black acrylic paint.

I painted my base with Essence Be Optimistic which is a copper metallic then a coat of Riveting to create the burnt orange base.  I then sponged some black to create the faded black and orange in the background.  I was trying to recreate that watered look.  You can do that with watercolor paints; just not with nail polish. 

The peace sign is from BM-07 stamped with the Essence color.

I created the perfect circle symbol first by doing a white base the sponged a gradient with yellow, orange and red orange.  I painted in the two crescents using acrylic paint.  I had to do it twice. The first round didn't turn out so well.  I did this nail art this last Saturday and I have been wearing it since.  

Also, just in case you missed my Puscifer nail art, here's the manicure I did when I saw them in concert.


Please check out the other Artsy Wednesday participants: 

Michelle - Lab Muffin
Holly - Hooked
Melanie - Nail & Polish (if off this week to go to a music festival!)
Jessica - Beauty Gnome
Catrine - Unnaked Nails

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow Lizard, this is so freaking cool! My boyfriend LOVES Tool and APC, he's going to be so impressed when I show him! Who says nail polish is just for prissy girls? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant and beautiful, so well painted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Rock! This is a dope Manicure...I love the colors and the peace symbol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh so clever! Great interpretation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love APC. And These nails are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.