Friday, May 18, 2012

NOTD: 365 Days of Color ButtaFinga + other layering combinations

I picked up a couple more colors for 365 Days of Color's Candy Shoppe collection which can be ordered here.  I decided to wear ButtaFINGA!


365 Days of Color ButtaFINGA.  3-coats over black.  It is a lovely burnt orange with small black square glitter.  I thought layering over black would bring out the glitter.  It didn't.  It washed out the square glitter.  :(  Yes, this would be a better combination for fall or Halloween.

Here's some other layering possibilities with ButtaFINGA: 

  
From L to R: Essence Be Optimistic, OPI's Monsooner or Later, SpaRitual Can you dig it? Each has 1-coat of ButtaFINGA.

I thought each would complement the orange and allow the square glitter to be visible.  I think layering with Be Optimistic is most true to a real ButterFinger candy bar.  Layering over brown brought out the orange glitter as well.  This glitter would likely be fully opaque in 3-4 coats.  Since I bought mini, I think layering is best to save on usage.

Every time I see a ButterFinger, I'm always reminded of dear ole Bart Simpson: 


Hey, I'm a child of the 80s. Grew up watching the Simpsons! 

I will swatch the other color I picked up and post.

Also, did you order from 365 Days of Color yet?

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.