Thursday, May 24, 2012

Naked nails update

I don't normally post naked nails photos. I have been getting comments if my nails are fake or not. Here's some photos of my nails without polish. These were taken late last week.



Those clear spots are where the nail bed has grown further under my nail.  Also, my nails are still "wet"  from soaking off glitter using the foil method. 


This is .5 to .6 mm of free edge.  This is the length I like them at and I don't normally let them grow any longer.  I usually file them down to about half this length or else it's hard to type.  Currently, I have two nail tears at the moment that I'm trying to grow out.  My right thumb and my left ring finger.  My right thumb is always breaking; it catches on something and bends back.  I feel that thumb nails are not meant to have length. 

The break on my ring finger has grown out enough that it can be filed down if I wanted to. 

Now the question is? Do I file them down or try to grow them longer?

Do you have problem nail that always breaks or peels?

Thanks for reading!

10 comments:

  1. Ohhh u r a lucky, lucky lady! I have what I call cardboard nails. They r so weak and soft that even scratching myself bends back whatever isn't attached to the nail bed. U also have lovely long nail beds so even if u were to cut them back significantly they'd still look long compared to most! I just wasn't genetically blessed. Thank goodness for acrylic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nails used to be thin and break and peel. They were never this nice.

      Delete
  2. your nails are absolutely gorgeous naked lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! they are much prettier painted!

      Delete
  3. Love your nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish my nails looked as nice as this mine are stained from a Sally Hansen polish (even though I used base coat). I also have problems with splitting and little chips on my thumbs, index abduction middle fingers. Although they havery been allot better than thry were in the last few weeks & they are finally starting to grow a bit x :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlie, pls check my nail care tutorials. I have one for nail staining. I also have a few nail strengthening reviews. That should help with the chipping and peeling.

      Delete
  5. I get the SAME thing on my right thumbnail... it always tears on the left side about a quarter of the way down the nail. Pretty frustrating. I came here to read your nail tutorials and to ask some questions but I keep getting distracted by your posts LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I buy a couple of different products to keep it patched so it doesn't tear more. Yeah I get tears way down and you can't clip it. I keep it patched and wear polish over it so it's disguised.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh they're amazing! You've done so well with the upkeep and repairs!

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.