Tuesday, May 1, 2012

More Chromatic Color Shifts: Kleancolor Chunky Holo Black

I picked up a few of the Kleancolor Chunky holos off Ebay awhile ago but I never got around to wearing #236 Chunky Holo Black.  Mainly, because I'm too bashful to wear glitter.  I like glitter just don't have the guts to wear it. :/

First, the Kleancolor Chunky holos are not holographic at all but rather a multichromatic glitter which isn't bad, just misnamed.


Kleancolor #236 Chunky Holo Black over Revlon's Royal, 1-coat with top-coat.  I tried to be sparse with the glitter placement to ease with removal. 
Here's some shots to show the color shifts: 





The color shift is like a flake, green to gold to orange to red.  Except this was a hex glitter with smaller hex glitter pieces and circle glitter. 

I found these off Ebay basically the Chunky Holo set is virtually the same color shift.  The only difference is their jelly base which doesn't make much of a color impact once it's on the nail.

Here's what Revlon Royal looked like by itself: 


Revlon Royal, 2-coats no top coat.  This is the most vibrant blue I own.  Well, I do own Orly Royal Navy.  It's vibrant too!  I should re-swatch Royal Navy.  The lights and the flash picked up the nail line; otherwise, this was opaque to the naked eye.  If you're looking for an easy to find vibrant blue, please pick this one up!

I like this combo.  These were rather smelly.  I know nail polish smells gross but these two were the worse offenders! 

Thanks for reading!

Do you own any Kleancolor polishes?  What do you think of them?

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, the blue is gorgeous, and even mere so in the combo :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.