Thursday, May 10, 2012

Claire's Starstruck collection: Drops of Jupiter and Little Dipper

I was on a polish hunt for BeautyGnome at the mall and I like to hit all my usual nail polish hunting grounds: Nordstroms, Sephora, Icing and Claire's. The mall is vast and infinite. I know the pathways to polish...and...the food court!

Anyways...I bought these from Claire's. The square bottles and the glass flecked finish caught my eye.




(Sorry my fridge is in the background. I should have put a piece of paper up)

Claire's Drops of Jupiter. 3-coats with top coat. A beautiful blue green. In the bottle, it had the slight twinkle of purple but on the nail it disappeared. This color is so pretty it merits more pictures!  I've worn this for about a week and still wearing it now.

In full sun

Pretty!

Here's how it looked over black:


I did a thin coat over black to bring out the duochrome.  You can see a twinge of purple. 


I liked this combo as well.


Claire's Little Dipper. 3-coats with top coat. A sparkling tangerine-orange with gold shimmer. Doesn't it remind you of sparkling orange soda?  Refreshing!

In full sun.

Little Dipper had the slightest twinkle of pink at certain angles but not too noticeable overall.  The application for both of these was great and easy to work with.

Also, here's how Little Dipper compares to other shimmery oranges in my collection:

From L to R: China Glaze Riveting, Claire's Little Dipper, Zoya Tanzy and Rica

No dupes here. Riveting is a red orange and darker than Little Dipper. I'd say it's close to Tanzy but Tanzy was more yellow/gold. Rica had a hint of coral
Overall, if you're looking for vibrant shimmery colors for summer, I'd definitely recommend these! I've worn Drops of Jupiter all week and didn't get any chipping, only compliments! There are 3 other colors at Claire's in this collection. I didn't note the names. There's a pink, green and blue. These do say Color Club on the back and their latest release the Take Wing collection, includes these colors just named differently.

These were $6.50 USD each but Claire's does offer buy one get one half off.

13 comments:

  1. Drops of jupiter looks so great over black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked that combo alot! Reminds me of the ocean!

      Delete
  2. I love Drops of Jupiter over the black! I saw your swatches on Facebook the other day and had to get these. I got all 5 colors at Claire's. They are so pretty and I love the names!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannon, glad that I could help! I was thinking about getting the remain colors as well.

      Delete
  3. Love those colours! Not sure if I could pull off an orange like that but I do like it :)
    I also just wanted to say you have amazingly long nails - how do you get anything done?! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow they both look amazing on you...is 1 week a polish wearing record?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8 days was the longest. I wore OPI DS Coronation. I had got sick and couldn't change my color.

      Delete
  5. I love you swatches! They look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thx Fiona. I'm glad we wrote about the same polishes on the same day!

      Delete
  6. Drops of Jupiter looks gorgeous x :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.