Friday, May 25, 2012

Berrypolished.com: My Black and White contest entry

Berrypolished is hosting a nail art contest on her Facebook page. The theme is simply black and white. It's open until June 1st, please try to enter. Please check her page for details.  It's open internationally.



This is my Japanese nail art inspired entry.


The lighting hit the rose better in this photo.  That's a handmade purse I had for the background.

What I used:
  • Base: OPI Barre my Soul
  • French tips:  Kiss Black nail art striper
  • White glitter hexes for the dots.
  • 3D nail art from Daiso. 
I had to paint this twice because the first round didn't go so well.  I removed the flower once I was done with the photo and wore the black french tips as a full mani.


I added a glitter stripe and silver rhinestones.  This mani is cute but I don't like it.  I don't know why?  I think it's because my nails are too long for a french tip.  It looks chunky.

Here's what Barre my Soul looked like on its own: 


2-coats, no top coat.

I bought the remaining OPI Ballet Collection because I loved the formula on these so much! 

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you. You should try to enter.

      Delete
  2. I agree, its just so pretty & vintage looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I am doing a 28 day nail art challenge in February, to help demonstrate a style I linked this post to mine. Thank you for being awesome!! Jilltastic
    http://www.jilltasticnaildesign.com/2012/12/nail-art-techniques-defined.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.