Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Artsy Wednesday: Celebrity Nails inspired by Fergie

This week's theme is celebrity nails.  We can either replicate a celebrity manicure or be inspired by a celebrity to create a manicure.  I went the easy route and decided to replicate a manicure I saw in a music video.


This manicure was much more shiny and blingy in real life! 
Here's where I got the idea from: 

(Image via screengrab. No copyright infringement intended)

This is Fergie's animal print Minx manicure from the music video for "I Gotta Feeling."   I'd like to try Minx but have no idea where I can have them done.  I figured I can try to paint a similar manicure for a fraction of the cost.  I think it's fun to try to replicate celebrity manicures.  I watch a lot of music videos to try to see what pop stars are wearing on their nails and get jealous.

What I used: 
Base: Wet n Wild 24 Karats
Plate: Konad M57
S/P: Wet n Wild Black Creme

Here are the other bloggers participating in this challenge, please check out their interpretation for this challenge: 

Michelle - Lab Muffin
Holly - Hooked
Sofie - Swaafie
Melanie - Nail & Polish 
Jessica - Beauty Gnome
Catrine - Unnaked Nails

Thanks for reading.

Do you try to follow what celebs are wearing on their nails?

6 comments:

  1. Very BOOM BOOM POW! That gold W&W is gorgeous on you, this is a very sexy look :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is soooooo lovely! love me some animal print! fab! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, blingy leopard print! :) Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very blingy! I don't really follow what celebrities are wearing but I do notice their nails in movies now that I'm into nail polish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! I need to try leopard print soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so nice! Lovely stamping x :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.