Thursday, May 17, 2012

American Apparel polishes

I've always wanted to try American Apparel polishes but the price tag always put me off.  Full price they're $6.00 or three for $15.  I did spy these for a $1 in the sale bin.  Now that's a waaaay better deal!  These were being discontinued so you won't be able to find them.

There's new collection of colors that are similar and can be found here or in-store.


American Apparel MacArthur Park. A pea green. I don't know if I liked this or not. Might be a better color for fall.



American Apparel California Trooper. A beige putty nude. The first photo is more color accurate. This color reminds me of CHP officers.




American Apparel Cameo Blue. This isn't a navy blue. This is a tad lighter and dustier. The swatch of it in the sun from my earlier post was more color accurate. This was on my wishlist for awhile.

I like their bottle shape but it was awkward to hold for a swatch photo. The same goes for the brush. The brush seemed too long and hard to control but I was able to maneuver it.  These applied smoothly and dried well.

Do you have any American Apparel polishes? How do you like them? 

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. I don't know about MacArthur Park either, but the two others are very nice, the blue is actually gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I really like the green. I feel it's a "love/hate" though.
    I know I love the blue though :)
    Really love your nail shape too and wish I could grow my nails that long - they always peel and break off before I can get them even close to that long :'(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how they're quite different colours - cool!

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.