Monday, April 30, 2012

Fingerpaints Flakies: Flashy & Motley

Earlier this year Fingerpaints released a set of flake top coats which I was lucky enough to obtain through a few swaps with some nice fans.  Thank you ladies, you know who you are.  Unfortunately, these were an in-store Sally's exclusive and only a few locations were able to get them.

Fingerpaints Flashy over black.

Here's a few shots to show the color shift:



Fingerpaints Flashy over black.  This was 2-coats with top coat.  One coat of flakes was sufficient but I felt two gave better coverage.  This is the standard gold to green to orange to red color shift flake.  The other similar flake top coat I have is Nubar's 2010.  I couldn't see any differences between the two.  Several other dupes exist i.e. Essie's Shine of the Times.   

Then I mattified it: 


Matte flakes using Essie's Matte about You. It still had a strong color shift.  I don't like wearing flake top coats over black.


Fingerpaints Motley, 2-coats over black with top coat.  This is a blue and turquoise flake.  What I liked about it is that it looked blue instead of mostly green.  Sorry this swatch looks messy!  Nails Inc. Old Vic was a blue flake top coat but was sold as a set. 


I mattified this one as well. 

I like these flake top coats.  I prefer to wear them over other colors besides black.  I just wish these were more widely available.  They were an in-store exclusive only for the month of January.  O'course selling for high-prices on Ebay. :/

I have more flake top coats to show case. Swatches are slow coming. 

1 comment:

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.