Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Artsy Wednesday: Stripes

I'll admit this isn't my best work but sometimes you have to learn from your failures like I'm doing with all my practice tests! :/

I had envisioned something springy & bumble bees with yellow. 

Meh...


My right hand to practice my ambidextrous skills. 

Here's a shot of the yellow without the stripes: 


I used H&M Summer Sunrise.  You can see the mini set swatched here

I couldn't wear this the next day and had no time to take it off, I sloppily painted over it with Zoya Trixie (not pictured.)  If you're interested on how to make lines with striper polishes, please see my video tutorial here at the 3:30 mark.

Here are the other bloggers participating in this challenge, please check out their posts: 

Michelle - Lab Muffin
Holly - Hooked
Sofie - Swaafie
Melanie - Nail & Polish
Jessica - Beauty Gnome
Catrine - Unnaked Nails


I also had to re-enable the word verification because I kept getting spammers under the Anonymous profile. 

-Sorry of the inconvenience- 

11 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself - I like it, and the colors are great together :)
    PS, do you know that the double word verification is back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this yellow! It looks really good, reminds me of Bumblebee from Transformers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is super fun! i actually really love this! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't call this a failure at all!! You picked fun colors, and the stripes look great! But seriously what wouldn't look great on those lovely nails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really great yellow. Very bold and creamy. These colors are very BumbleBee

    ReplyDelete
  6. definitely an awesome bumble-bee inspired striped mani!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a bright yellow! Looks great on you. I've turned both the word verification and anonymous comments off. It seems to be working ok for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the plaid! And I wanted to let you know that I tagged you for the Versatile Blogger Award! You can see the details over on my blog at http://berrypolished.com/?p=823

    ReplyDelete
  9. My first thought before I read anything was bumblebees!!!Cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colour combo! That yellow is really nice :) I like the pinky design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the middle two nails best!

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.