Wednesday, March 14, 2012

China Glaze: Aquadelic

China Glaze's Aquadelic is from this Spring's collection.  It featured 12 brightly colored shades plus a re-release of a glitter topcoat, Techno.  Most of the colors were sold out by the time I went searching for them in stores.  The ones still in store seemed really similar to colors already in my collection.  Luckily Aquadelic was in stock which was the one I wanted the most.


3-coats with topcoat. Photographed under artificial light.


I tried to capture the color true to life. In some lighting, it's bluer or there's a tinge of green.


China Glaze Aquadelic is a bright turquoise creme.  I thought it would be a For Audrey dupe but it's not.  It's bluer, less dusty and more vibrant.  Surprisingly, the formula was a little streaky and sticky and didn't spread very well which is unusual for China Glaze.  Despite this, the formula is workable and I did a layer of Poshe to dry it more quickly. 

Also, this stained despite wearing a base coat.  I will have to do a lemon whitening treatment soon.  

Overall, I really liked the Electropop polishes.  I didn't pick up anymore due to the fact I have similar colors from other brands or most the the Up & Away colors which offered a better variety of colors.  

I own most of the Up & Away colors and I use it the most for my nail art.  To date, I'd say it's my favorite China Glaze collection.  I really ought to look into getting the remaining polishes to complete my collection.

What did you think of the Electropop polishes?  What's your favorite China Glaze collection to date? 

Thanks for reading! 


4 comments:

  1. I'm getting sorrier and sorrier that I didn't buy this (yet hahahaha) - it's really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this-but I'm so short on funds that I won't be buying any polish anytime soon for now. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one, its one of my faves from that collection too - great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same issue with Aquadelic- so sticky! Dance Baby was even worse :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.