Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Artsy Wednesday: Inspired by a Movie

The theme for this week is inspired by a movie. Now, I had a lot of movies in mind to base this challenge around but for some reason "Blade Runner" popped in my head.  I thought it couldn't be done then I got an idea!


I decided to base this around everyone's favorite replicant, Pris!

Deadly, beautiful, very cyberpunk! 


Basic elements: white, black, fishnets and studs!



I decided to do a blood splatter for when she's "retired" by Deckard.

It needed to be more punk so I added my wallet chain. I like to start (& end) bar fights with this! I don't. :)

How I did it?
Base: China Glaze White On
Stamping Plate: Konad M57
Stamping: Wet n Wild Black Creme
Striper: Kiss Black Striper
Nail Art: Half-back silver studs from Japan
Blood splatter: Rimmel's Stiletto Red

Final thoughts? 
I like the outcome.  I wanted it to be based around Pris but also something that Pris would wear as a manicure for herself.  I think she'd wear this!  Now, if I could find studs that are spikes for nail art that would be cool!

On a technical note, my nails are a tad too long for the fishnet stamp! I should have filed them down a bit. Also, if I could wear stiletto nails that would have been more menacing! 

If I had a do over, I would have painted the black band before the stamping and stamped before and after the band.  You can see where the pattern didn't cover and I did a double stamp.  Just think of it as a snag in her fishnets! 

Ms. Lizard reading list tip: 
Run, don't walk to your nearest public library or bookstore and check out any of Philip K. Dick's work!  Many sci-fi movies are based off his novels and short stories like the Blade Runner.  

Here are the other participants in this nail art gallery, please check their take on this challenge:  

Michelle - Lab Muffin
Alanna - Pretty Purple Polish
Holly - Hooked
Sofie - Swaafie 
Melanie - Nail & Polish
Jessica - Beauty Gnome
Catrine - Unnaked Nails


We agreed on time where to all posts publish at the same date and time.

We've also capped the number of bloggers participating and can no longer accept anymore challengers at this time.

21 comments:

  1. This is freaking amazing and so sexy! Did you wear this one for long? I would keep it on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope not long popped the studs off & took it off! I can easily "replicate" it...hahahahah

      Delete
  2. OH, so cool and punky, that's a great interpretation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo street & tuff..Femme fatale. I just love a fishnet nail. You really brought this to life with the blood! And of course the shot with your chain...Genius

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! Perhaps I can be an honorary Polished Genius!?

      Delete
  4. oooh! Intriguing! I really like this =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! I thought really hard on how I can do "Blade Runner " as a mani! I'm glad my idea worked and wasn't a flop!

      Delete
  5. Super badass and sexy! Nice work! :oD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There will be more blood splatter in the future! This blood splatter gave me more ideas!

      Delete
  6. Ha I looooove this! <3 great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. I think studs would be amazing. I have to admit though they would drive me crazy the feeling of them. I just read up on the fishnet manicure so glad to see it down. You are amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The studs were cool! I need more 3D nail art!

      Delete
  8. I really like these. Studs would have looked great too! I've never seen them on a mani before. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My BF bought them for me in Japan. I have a box full have Japanese nail art, unworn & untried! Ack!

      Delete
  9. this is very very cool I love the props you used to really capture the film LOL nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! It's hard trying to recreate a futuristic dystopia on your nails!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful, so rock and roll! I would totally wear this :) And what a cool wallet chain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! I have a thing for wearing chains & boots!

      Delete
  11. soooo rock chick... and wearable too! like this lots! xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.