Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Artsy Wednesday‏: Animal Print Nails


The theme this week for the challenge gallery is animal print nails.  I've only done two other animal print manis. This is where Konad Plate M57 comes in handy.  It has zebra and leopard print.  Now, you can free hand animal relatively easily but I prefer stamping to save on time. 


The animal print I did this week is inspired from Redfoo's (LMFAO) animal print pants from their "Sexy and I Know it" video.  Clicking the photo will bring you to the music video. Viewer discretion is advised.


Here's some shots taken under varying lighting situations:

Indirect Sun

With Flash

Under artificial lights

Close up

His sexy animal print pants consist of a light blue base, silver leopard print with neon. Looking closely, his pants are holographic. I did a coat of Glitter Gal Silver Holo to duplicate this effect.

Test nail

How I did it? 

Base: 3-coats of China Glaze Aquadelic
Stamping Plate: Konad M57
Stamping Polish: China Glaze Sci-Fi & the neon yellow is China Glaze Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
Top Coat: China Glaze Fairy Dust

Final thoughts?

When I first saw this video, I wanted to duplicate his animal print pants!  The video and song are quite hilarious!  I still bust a gut laughing.  If you watch it, there's plenty of close-ups of his wang sexy pants! Overall, I felt the color scheme is true to the pattern but the reflectiveness of the chrome polish made it hard to capture and the neon really overpowered in the photos.  

In real life, the neon is more diluted. I mixed some acetone with it to try to lessen the neon-effect. If I had to re-do this, I'd stamp with a grey and fill in the leopard print with yellow.

Also, Aquadelic is from the Electropop collection which is inspired from hip hop & pop artists.  So I guess this could be another collection tie in with the theme.  If you watch any other of LMFAO's videos, all the dancers are wearing very vibrant colors and animal print.

Aquadelic is a shifty color. To me, it looks like a turquoise that leans a little blue.  Other swatches it looks more green or blue. O'course, my camera wanted it to be a blue. 

Now, I'm off to go find a pair of those sexy shorts for Mr. Lizard.  I'd advise you to so the same for your significant other! 

Here are links to the other lovely ladies participating in this challenge.  Be advised this is an international blogger challenge gallery so posting times may vary. 

Michelle - labmuffin.blogspot.com
Alanna - prettypurplepolish.com
Holly - hookedbyhollysagemini.blogspot.com
Maria - mariasnailpolishblog.blogspot.com
Tif - polishedgenius.blogspot.com

Thanks for reading!


17 comments:

  1. Are you sure it isn't his pants on your nails ;) - a very true copy and I like it - the video is hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thank you! I thought Aquadelic would be a perfect match!

      Delete
  2. Those look exactly like the pants!! So crazy I love it!! Those nails are Sexy & they know it ( lol gpnna have that song stuck in my head all day)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) That song is going to stuck in my head too! When I was wearing these nails, I'd think about those pants and I'd laugh. I'm glad you liked them. I will check out what you all came up with!

      Delete
  3. SCARY shorts but I <3 the nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you mean? Who wouldn't want a pair of skin tight blue holographic leopard spandex shorts? :)

      Delete
  4. These are so good - the holo really tops it off and looks just like his pants! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sexy pants huh? Don't ask how many times I watched so I could get the colors right! ;/

      Delete
  5. I love your inspiration. The first time I saw that clip I couldn't look away haha :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah did the need the extreme close-up! Glad you liked it! Can't wait for next weeks blue nails!

      Delete
  6. OMG!! I am laughing so hard at this video!! And you did a great job re creating the shorts!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I had to put a "viewer discretion is advised," warning. I didn't know who that might offend. His shorty shorts really make me laugh. I might have to wear this mani again.

      Delete
  7. Hahaha! Great job, wigglewigglewigglewiggle yeah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work out! My boyfriend felt the need to show me this vid and do the wiggle dance! LOL Can't wait for blue nails!

      Delete
  8. Those nails are dead "nuts" on! :-) Go Lizard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No shoes no shirt and I still get service:-)

    --Mr Lizard

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.