Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Arsty Wednesdays: Blue Nails

The challenge for this week's gallery is blue nails; incorporate any type of nail art with the color blue.  To be honest, I did not like my final design so here goes:



This is based off a memo pad I have.

Taken with Flash
How I did it?
Base: Sinful Colors Cinderella
Plate: Fauxnad S3
Stamping: Zoya Ibiza
Various glitter for sponging and for her bow. 

I really got to stop using yellow in my nail art. I tried to color in her nose and it didn't work out and was really noticeable in the photos. 

Here are the other lovely ladies participating in this challenge. This is an international challenge gallery so posting times may vary. We also had some new participants join. Please check out their versions of this challenge:

Michelle - Lab Muffin
Alanna - Pretty Purple Polish
Holly - Hooked!
Maria - Maria's Nail Polish Blog
Tif - Polished Genius
Sofie - Swaafie
Catrine - Unnaked Nails

Also, if you are a nail blogger that would like to participate, please email Lab Muffin and she can add you. 

Thanks for reading!

14 comments:

  1. I think the result is really cute :)
    Yellow isn't so pigmented, so the darker base you put it on, the harder it will be to see. Next time, try to put white under your yellow, then it will pop the way you want it :)
    I'll post mine in ½ an hour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this, I didn't like my design. Sinful Colors Cinderella is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! Cinderella seems to be a really popular color now. She's making her way among all the nail blogs. I had to buy it to jump on the bandwagon.

      Delete
  3. This is so cute - dunno how you can NOT like it...bloody adorable I say!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where can I buy that hello kitty plate? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clicking the link will bring you to the store I purchased it from.

      Delete
  5. Ahhh, Hello Kitty takes me back to my childhood! I had so many Sanrio products when I was a kid, it's weird when I walk into a Japanese shop and I can name all the characters!

    Yellow is annoyingly unpigmented - when I made a dusty warm pink franken I think I used 20 drops of yellow to 1 drop of red. And the final colour was decidedly pink, not even slightly orange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I'm horribly addicted to all things Hello Kitty. I tell the clerk at store they're for my niece but they're really for me! I wear a HK t-shirt every Sat. just cuz I can...

      Delete
  6. The great cinderella & Hello Kitty = aWin in My book :) when I do hello kitty I use the color club striper it's a very opaque yellow.
    Great Mani either way & You have Beautiful nails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! did you pick up Cinderella? Seems to be really popular!

      Delete
  7. that's a lot of effort! they look so fun :)) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. with stamping, it was very quick. Maybe 20 mins?

      Delete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.